Friday, December 5, 2014

The Precipice of The Abyss


Today I feel I may be teetering on the precipice of actually integrating the myriad of theories and concepts that I have learned, or clinging to the edge while gazing into Nietzsche's Abyss.

While I am in no danger of becoming a monster or an nihilistic priest of any kind, I can sense the abyss staring back into me, wondering why I have not finished my final essay. 

In re-organizing the essay, I have wrestled with defining spiritual responsibility. The irony of this, in the face of my falling a bit behind in my RELS1 class, did not escape me.

This is the part where I must compartmentalize. 
There are so many things I want to know and so many options on the offering plate that I find it difficult to focus.
This focal adjustment problem is exacerbated by some other factors which have nothing to do with religion but mainly juggling responsibilities beyond the spiritual realm.

Okay, I'm leaping from the edge and I'm goin' in! 


1 comment: