Sunday, November 23, 2014

William James and Steve Winwood

William James spoke of "The higher mind of my mind" when he was trying to explain his relationship to It. 
He also said that he had a less frequent relationship with It as he grew older and, I am assuming, more healthy minded. James expressed a wistful nostalgia at his gradual distance from It.

I related to James' It as something I experience when I am painting.

Since my return to school to learn how to be more open minded (which I believe is a contributing factor to becoming healthy minded) I have not been painting.

This is partly due to time constraints and mostly due to using my mind in a way that is not conducive to meandering about in the abstract corridors of my synaptic pathways (daydreaming) which usually compels me to paint.

I miss It, too Mr. James.

But I hope I will find it again after this semester and that It will be an even more inspirational, higher love of my love to paint.


No comments:

Post a Comment